Last month I was invited by Sarah Baade over at Slice of Honey to collaborate on a sheet pan dinner project. Sheet pan dinners are right up my alley – as a busy mom with lots on my plate (pardon the pun) I love being able to pop a complete meal on a tray and get on with a few things at home while it bakes in the oven. Such a quick, delicious and wholesome dinner solution! You can also change up your sheet pan dinners (as you’ll see below) by mixing up your choice of protein, using whichever veggies you happen to have in the fridge and adding different spices and/or sauces each time.
Chicken is usually my go-to for sheet pan dinners, and in this recipe I’ve added some of my homemade dukkah and parmesan for extra flavour and crunch. (You can make my easy dukkah recipe and keep it in a jar to use whenever you need it, or use a store bought version). I’ve also added roasting tomatoes, red onion and chorizo slices for even more flavour and some butternut and baby marrows to up the veggie element even more . Add a side of fresh greens and you’ve got a fabulous chicken tray bake that’s bursting with flavour, colour and goodness – love it!
I hope you’ll enjoy my sheet pan dinner, and don’t forget to check out some of the other recipes put together by the awesome bloggers who also collaborated on this project. So much meal inspiration here, yay!
- Sheet pan shrimp fajitas from Sarah at Slice of Honey
- Sheet pan harissa chicken with broccolini and chickpeas from Indi at With Spice
- Sheet pan BBQ chicken meatballs and veggies from Laura at Ways to my Heart
- Curried pork chop and potato sheet pan recipe from Nick at Blogtastic Food
- Sheet pan Italian mushrooms and garlic breadsticks from Will at Hangry White Male
- Sheet pan gnocchi and sausage from Mansee at One Girl. One Kitchen.
- Sheet pan chicken fajitas from Melissa at Keeping It Simple Blog.
- Easy sheet pan dinner with sausage, potatoes and veggies from Julia at Julia Recipes.
DUKKAH AND PARMESAN CHICKEN TRAY BAKE
- 50ml finely grated parmesan
- 75ml dukkah
- 2 free range chicken breast fillets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 200g roasting vine tomatoes
- 100g butternut cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 baby marrows, sliced
- 100g chorizo, sliced
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- fresh greens to serve (I love a mix of baby spinach and wild rocket)
1.) Preheat your oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2.) Mix the parmesan and dukkah together. Dip each chicken fillet into the egg and then coat with the parmesan dukkah mix. Repeat this step so that each fillet is dipped twice. Place the coated chicken fillets in the middle of the baking tray.
3.) Arrange the tomatoes, butternut, red onion, baby marrows and chorizo around the chicken. Drizzle the chicken, veggies and chorizo with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4.) Pop the tray in the oven for 35 minutes, or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through. Serve immediately a handful of fresh greens.