You can rise and shine with this delicious breakfast idea! Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and when it’s a quick breakfast that I can grab on the go then it’s even better. Not only do these overnight oats taste fabulous but a serving of this is a nutritious and satisfying way to start the day too.
This is also one of those recipes that you can customise to include your favourite flavours. Use it as a base for different add ins and toppings. Here are a few ideas to level up your overnight oats:
- fresh or frozen berries
- go tropical with mashed banana, kiwi slices and fresh pineapple
- stewed apple
- add spices like cinnamon or ginger
- almond flakes or chopped pecans for crunch
- toasted coconut flakes
- cocoa and/or cacao nibs, even chocolate chips (hello chocolate oats!)
- pumpkin seeds or chia seeds
- peanut or almond butter
FRUITY OVERNIGHT OATS
- 125ml (½ cup) oats
- 15ml (1 tbsp) desiccated coconut
- 20g dried pineapple, finely chopped
- 180ml (¾ cup) almond milk or milk of choice
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) vanilla essence
- 10ml (2 tsp) honey
- 10ml (2 tsp) flaxseed oil (optional)
- small handful of blueberries
- ground cinnamon, to decorate
- dried pineapple, coconut and fresh berries, to decorate
1.) Combine the oats, coconut and dried pineapple in a small bowl.
2.) In a separate bowl whisk the almond milk, vanilla, honey and flaxseed oil together until combined.
3.) Pour the milk over the oats. Add the blueberries and stir. Pour into a glass or serving bowl, cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
4.) Just before serving sprinkle some cinnamon over the oats and top with extra dried pineapple, coconut and berries.
3 thoughts on “Fruity overnight oats”
My favourite meal of the day and that looks delicious.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! What’s your favourite brekkie? 😉