The warmer weather means that smoothies are featuring more regularly on our breakfast and snack menu at home, and chocolate smoothies (not surprisingly) are my favourite. Not only are they delicious but they’re filling too, not to mention filled with wholesome ingredients – love it!
You can easily double this recipe to make two servings, and get creative with your toppings (I have given a list of suggestions below). To make this easy smoothie bowl even more satisfying you could also add a scoop of protein powder before blending. Enjoy, and let me know in the comments what your favourite smoothie is!
CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen (approximately 110g)
- 15ml (1 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 125ml (½ cup) almond milk, or milk of your choice
- 15ml (1 tbsp) desiccated coconut
- 15ml (1 tbsp) peanut butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) chia seeds
- ½ cup ice blocks
- toppings such as toasted coconut flakes, fresh berries, cacao nibs, granola, chopped nuts and seeds
1.) Place all of the ingredients except for the toppings into a blender. Process until well combined and smooth.
2.) Pour the smoothie into a bowl and decorate with your desired toppings. Serve immediately.