The bowl food trend seems to be going strong and it’s not hard to see why. They are easy to prepare, you can personalise them with all your favourite ingredients and, whether sweet or savoury they are usually brimming with colour and goodness. Today’s strawberry and banana smoothie bowl recipe is no exception and ticks all the boxes – simple, beautiful to look at, healthy and delicious too!
How gorgeous are these pomegranates by the way? (A gift from my friend Kait – fab!) We scattered the pearls over our smoothie bowl but you can customise your toppings and use whatever you like. I usually include toasted coconut flakes, cacao nibs and chia seeds (just because I tend to have them in the pantry) and whatever fruit we happen to have in the drawer.
Enjoy this smoothie bowl for breakfast, lunch or as a power snack during the day. The kids will love it too! I often make one for my littlies to share and it usually disappears within seconds.
Earlier this year I made this recipe on The Expresso Show, you can check out the video below:
- Keep bags of ready-to-use sliced frozen fruit in the freezer for smoothie bowls any time.
- You can use any type of milk for this recipe.
- Make a vegan smoothie bowl by replacing the honey with brown rice syrup.
- Replace half the milk with thick plain yoghurt for an even creamier smoothie bowl.
STRAWBERRY AND BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL
- ½ cup sliced bananas, frozen
- ½ cup strawberries, halved and frozen
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp almond nut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- topping to serve (chia seeds, chopped nuts, toasted coconut flakes, berries, cacao nibs, etc.)
1.) Pop the bananas, strawberries, milk, honey and almond nut butter in a blender. Blitz until smooth and thick.
2.) Pour the mixture into a bowl and sprinkle with your favourite toppings. Serve immediately. Easy peasy!